Update to the latest software and reset your GoPro Hero 3, Hero 3+ or Hero 4 just by using your microSD card. Simply download the file, unzip and copy to your microSD card to update and reset the software.
System Updates GoPro HERO5 Firmware Update 02.51 HERO5 Black is the most powerful and easy to use GoPro ever, thanks to its 4K video, voice control, one-button simplicity, touch display. Apr 22, 2020 HD hero 2 software update New I wanted to update my gopro software, so I searched the Internet and found an article to download the HD2-firmware.bin file. How to Update GoPro Hero's Software Firmware Version. Get new features and optimize your GoPro. Always keep it up to date with the latest action camera softw. May 10, 2020 HD hero 2 software update New I wanted to update my gopro software, so I searched the Internet and found an article to download the HD2-firmware.bin file.
- GoPro Hero 3 White (v3.07) (thanks to Jacob).
- GoPro Hero 3 Silver (v3.02).
- GoPro Hero 3 Black (v3.03).
- GoPro Hero 3+ Silver (v3.10).
- GoPro Hero 3+ Black (v3.11).
- GoPro Hero 4 Silver (v02.00.00).
- GoPro Hero 4 Black (v02.00.00).
(files latest as of 5 April 2015).
How to Guide:
- Download the file for your specific GoPro model (the list of files is above).
- Insert the microSD card into your computer (using a microSD to SD adaptor or microSD to USB adaptor). NOTE: The microSD card does NOT need to be formatted, you can keep your current recordings on the card.
- Unzip the file on your computer.
- Copy the files to the microSD card.
- For the GoPro Hero 3+ and Hero 4, the files need to be in a folder called “UPDATE”. Make sure you copy the folder to the card. It will not work if the files are not in the UPDATE folder.
- For the GoPro Hero 3, the files need to be in the root directory of the card, NOT in a folder. Copy the files directly to your card, not in a folder. It will not work if the files are in a folder.
- Eject the microSD card from your computer.
- Insert the card into your GoPro whilst the camera is off.
- Turn on the GoPro, it will come up with a screen saying it is updating, and turn itself off when complete.
- Your GoPro is now reset to with the latest software version and the WiFi password is also reset to “goprohero”
Today, GoPro has released firmware version 1.05 for the new HERO entry-level camera, as well as update 2.00 targeted at both HERO4 Black and Silver device models, which include various LCD Touch BacPac improvements.
Both 1.05 and 2.00 releases resolve an issue that caused the compatible devices to power on automatically when connected to a computer, and add general performance improvements.
When it comes to the HERO4 cameras alone, their 2.00 firmware adds Continuous interval and Automatic shutter option for the Night Lapse mode, shrinks Time Lapse shutter lag, and improves the transfer speed between the camera and the computer.
In addition to that, the Default Mode menu gets simplified, Auto Off now benefits from a 5-min option, and certain video modes receive increased image sharpness. Also, the battery level icon is now more accurate, and files can be deleted without encountering any problems.
As for the LCD Touch BacPac, the thumbnail now loads even faster, and the most recent video/photo is displayed first in playback mode. Also, 3rd-gen BacPacs get enhanced swipe and playback controls.
If we were to talk about GoPro’s applications, issues that prevented pairing, disabled live preview, or caused the camera to appear out of range will no longer bother you after updating to firmware 2.00.
Now, in order to apply the present release, save and unzip the downloadable archive, transfer the newly created “UPDATE” folder to a microSD card, make sure the HERO unit is turned off, and then insert the memory card into the camera.
Gopro Hero 2 Update Download Windows 10
Afterwards, simply power on the device and it will automatically initiate the upgrade. Bear in mind that during the installation the HERO camera will reboot several times, therefore make sure you don’t interrupt the process in any way.
That being said, from the links below, follow the one that best describes your GoPro unit, apply it on your camera, and enjoy the new changes that this release brings about.
Gopro Hero 4 Update
Download GoPro HERO4 Black Camera Firmware 2.00Download GoPro HERO4 Silver Camera Firmware 2.00Download GoPro HERO Camera Firmware 1.05